The AMA’s Grand National Cross Country series visited South Carolina last weekend, with KTM’s Shane Watts winning his second race of the year. Watts took the series points lead while defeating Kawasaki-mounted Paul Edmondson, who finished second, and third place Steve Hatch (Suzuki).
Four-time National Motocross champion Mike Kiedrowski (Suzuki) had his best finish thus far in South Carolina, finishing seventh.
Watts won the race with over a minute to spare, and looks set to be a dominant force in this year’s series. Watts has stated he would like to win on every enduro bike in KTM’s stable. His opening round win was aboard a 200, while this race was won on a KTM 250. Watts won six races last year despite missing several rounds due to injury.
Race Results (Top 10)
- Shane Watts (#004 – KTM)
- Paul Edmondson (#007 – Kawasaki)
- Steve Hatch (#003 – Suzuki)
- Barry Hawk (#005 – Yamaha)
- Randy Hawkins (#013 – Yamaha)
- Jason Raines (#011 – Yamaha)
- Mike Kiedrowski (#030 – Suzuki)
- Robbie Jenks (#009 – Yamaha)
- Doug Blackwell (#008 – Yamaha)
- Joel Dengler (#010 – Husqvarna)