The following release is from Harley-Davidson concerning new 2008 models announced earlier today, together with significant technical developments for the 2008 model year. Follow this link to Harley’s web site for all the details.
MILWAUKEE (July 9, 2007) – Harley-Davidson takes factory-custom motorcycle design to a new extreme with the introduction of three radically styled new models. The Dyna Fat Bob, the Rocker and the Rocker C are additions to a diverse line of 2008 motorcycles that also includes 14 models available in limited-edition 105th Anniversary styling. A host of technical refinements for 2008 includes the availability of an all-new Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) as an option on Touring and VRSC models.
“Only Harley-Davidson could style and engineer a motorcycle as visually exciting as the new Rocker,” said Bill Davidson, Director of Motorcycle Product Development. “To offer this level of customization in a reliable, production motorcycle is simply unprecedented. We’ve also got the Fat Bob taking the Dyna platform in a bold, new direction. And the beautiful copper-and-black 105th Anniversary models are icing on the Motor Company birthday cake for 2008.”
For more than a century, Harley-Davidson motorcycles have stoked the passion of riders around the world with a distinctive combination of performance and visual appeal that simply cannot be duplicated. The energy, dedication and pure enthusiasm of each individual at Harley-Davidson maintains that full-throttle intensity, season after season.
Highlights of the 2008 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The new FXCW Rocker and FXCWC Rocker C feature the Rockertail rear end that mounts a form-fitting fender directly to the swing arm over a 240 mm tire. The result is a reproduction of the authentic lines of a slammed hard tail custom with the comfortable ride of a modern suspension as the rear wheel and fender move together. The Rocker comes with a solo seat and a monochrome, satin stainless metallic paint scheme. The Rocker C is a chromed-out beauty with the innovative Trick seat that conceals a passenger pillion under a solo cushion.
- Twin headlights signal the arrival of the massive new Dyna Fat Bob. The new Tommy Gun exhaust speaks pure performance, while a new seat shape and drag bars put the rider in a position that’s instant cool. Black fork lowers and handlebar risers, and a new, aggressive tread pattern on 180 mm rear tire and 130 mm front tires, reinforce the aggressive nature of this new model. The Fat Bob can be ordered from the factory with a choice of mid-mount or forward foot controls.
- A limited-edition 105th Anniversary package of shimmering Anniversary Copper and Vivid Black paint, a seat with a copper-colored insert, a special copper air cleaner cover, plus exclusive badging will be offered on 14 different 2008 Harley-Davidson models. Production of these motorcycles will be limited and serialized.
- A new Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is available as a factory-installed option on all Touring and VRSC models, and is standard equipment on the 2008 Electra Glide Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition, CVO Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, and CVO Screamin’ Eagle Road King.
- All VRSC models get a power boost from a high-performance, 1250cc version of the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine tuned to make up to 125 horsepower and 85 ft.-lbs. of torque. The engine is mated to a new slipper-style clutch with lighter lever action. Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is offered as a factory-installed option on all 2008 VRSC models.
- A new six-gallon fuel tank extends the range of all Touring models, which also feature new Brembo brakes and available ABS. Cruise control is now a factory-installed option on all Touring models not already equipped with this feature.
- All Touring models feature a new Isolated Drive System that reduces noise and vibration to the rider for improved ride quality under acceleration, shifting and cruising.
- The high-performance Twin Cam 110 engine powers four 2008 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO): the Screamin’ Eagle Road King, the Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide, the Screamin’ Eagle Softail Springer, and the Screamin’ Eagle Dyna. Each features new accessories and paint schemes.
- Harley-Davidson will offer 15 new color combinations for 2008, plus three custom color combinations.