It’s a bird . . . it’s a plane! It’s not a motorcycle. It’s not a scooter. It’s a $14,599 . . . ?
The interesting Honda DN-01 will be sold in the United States as a 2009 model. It is a 680cc v-twin with an “HFT continuously variable, hydromechanical two-mode automatic with six-speed manual mode” transmission. With shaft drive and “combined ABS” brakes, this is an unusual beast. Is it the future? Perhaps, but we will hold judgment until we test one. Is it worth a U.S. base MSRP of $14,599? We will have to answer that question after our test as well.
- Engine Type 680cc liquid-cooled 52° V-Twin
- Bore and Stroke 81mm x 66mm
- Induction PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 40mm throttle bodies and 12-hole injectors
- Ignition Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio 10.0:1
- Valve Train SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission HFT continuously variable, hydromechanical two-mode automatic with six-speed manual mode.
- Final Drive Shaft
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
- Front Suspension 41mm telescopic fork with 4.2 inches travel
- Rear Suspension Pro Arm single-side swingarm with single shock, seven-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Front Brake Combined ABS with dual full-floating 296mm discs and three-piston calipers
- Rear Brake Combined ABS with single 276mm disc and three-piston caliper
- Front Tire 130/70 ZR17 radial
- Rear Tire 190/50 ZR17 radial
- Rake (Caster Angle): 28.5°
- Trail 114mm (4.5 inches)
- Wheelbase 63.2 inches
- Seat Height 27.2 inches
- Curb Weight 595 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity 4.0 gallons, including .08-gallon reserve
- Emissions Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards
- Available Colors Candy Dark Red, Black
- Model ID NSA700A
- Note HFT Automatic Transmission
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
- One Year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.