The Yoshimura Suzuki team of Daisaku Sakai and Nobuatsu Aoki took victory in the drama-packed Suzuki 300km Endurance race today, overcoming torrential rain showers, and ever-changing track conditions.
The start of the race was delayed, but with the weather refusing to clear the decision was made to run and the teams faced 300 kilometres of wet and dry racing with totally different conditions on the east and west sides of the famous Suzuka International 5.821km track.
FCC TSR Honda rider Kosuke Akiyoshi led the early part of the race until Honda Dream RT rider Chojun Kameya took the initiative. Kameya was soon suffering with grip issues due to the wrong tyre choice and the Yoshimura Suzuki pairing made their way carefully to the front on lap 28 and held it to the flag.
The Yoshimura Suzuki with Jomo team were all delighted with this result, having now tested and proven a number of parts, settings and tactics ready for next month’s Suzuka 8 Hour race.
1. Yoshimura Suzuki with JOMO. (Suzuki GSX-R1000) Daisaku Sakai and Nobuatsu Aoki.
2. MuSASHi RT HARC-PRO (Honda CBR1000RR) Takumi Takahashi and Takaaki Nakagami.
3. F.C.C. TSR Honda (Honda CBR1000RR) Kosuke Akiyoshi.
4. Taira Racing (Yamaha YZF-R1) Yuichi Takeda.
5. Honda DREAM RT Sakurai Honda (Honda CBR1000RR) Chojun Kameya and Wayne Maxwell.
6. TRICK BSTAR RACING (Kawasaki ZX10R) Shinya Takeishi and Yoshihiro Konno.
7. YAMAHA FRANCE-GMT94-IPONE (Yamaha YZF-R1) David Checa.
8. YAMAHA AUSTRIA RACING TEAM (Yamaha YZF-R1) Igor German.
9. Honey Bee Racing (Honda CBR1000RR) Hiroki Noda and Taro Sekiguchi.
10. Team Sugai Plus One (Honda CBR1000RR) Yoshiyuki Sugai.