MILWAUKEE (July 19, 2010) – Harley-Davidson riders and motorcycle enthusiasts will enjoy the 70th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally at a new location in the heart of Sturgis from August 6-14, 2010.
The Harley-Davidson Road Tour will run from Friday, August 6 through Saturday, August 14 at its new location at the intersection of 3rd and Lazelle streets in downtown Sturgis. All Harley-Davidson activities in Sturgis are free of charge and include the following:
- New 2011 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, parts & accessories, MotorClothes along with the latest technology and customization options.
- Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) Pin Stop
- Harley-Davidson Custom Ride-In Show, Thursday August 12
- XR1200 Racing Experience
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Custom Motorcycle Raffle
- Free Bike Wash and Harley-Davidson ABS (anti-lock braking system) demonstrations
- Willie G., H.O.G. and Ride to Sturgis Commemorative Merchandise
- AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building, August 8-11
- Women’s Area including Jump Start motorcycle demonstration, bike lift and more
Harley-Davidson demo rides for 2011 motorcycles will be available in Sturgis at Hersrud’s Chevrolet Dealership near Interstate 90 at Exit 30 from Saturday, August 7 to Friday, August 13. Riders can try as many bikes as they want, but must have a valid motorcycle license and adhere to riding gear requirements and safety rules. There will also be a 2011 Harley-Davidson motorcycle display at this location, including a Fit Shop display for motorcycle customization.
In recent years, most Harley-Davidson activities for the Sturgis Rally were located in Rapid City, S.D. at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. While Sturgis, S.D., will be the new center of Harley-Davidson activities, riders and enthusiasts will enjoy the historic attractions and scenic riding in the legendary Black Hills region.
Some of the most creative and passionately customized bikes at the Sturgis Rally will be displayed at the Harley-Davidson Ride-In Show, on Thursday, Aug. 12 at 3rd & Lazelle streets. There is a $10 entry fee, and all proceeds will be donated to MDA with cash prizes awarded in all categories.
Race fans will be able to check out the AHDRA Screamin’ Eagle Performance Parts Race at the Sturgis Dragway on Saturday, August 14 and Sunday, August 15.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events at the 2010 Sturgis Rally, please visit www.harley-davidson.com/sturgis.