New Suzuki V-Strom 650 Pictures and Specifications Hit the Web

When we woke up this morning here on the West Coast, we started to receive email from readers alerting us to the fact that the new Suzuki V-Strom (carefully teased by the manufacturer over the last several weeks) had been fully revealed on a Suzuki web site.  We had a link to full specifications and pictures  (although, the pictures are hardly larger than thumbnails).  The pictures and specs have spread like wild fire (as is the norm with the Internet today).

So what is new? The engine is the same displacement, although in a slightly different tune.  The suspension pieces appear to be largely unchanged, and the claimed weight has dropped by 13 pounds.  In many ways, this appears to be the same old V-Strom 650 with new plastic and instrumentation.  The bodywork does look much better (in our opinion), and it is apparently narrower, including a slightly smaller fuel tank (down two liters or roughly 1/2 U.S. gallon).

Suzuki says it put great effort into designing the three-way adjustable wind screen, and there is some useful information provided by a new instrumentation panel (details below).  Wheel sizes appear to be the same, including 17″ rear and 19″ front.

The following is directly from Suzuki’s “global” web site.

Engine Type 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90°V-Twin
Bore x Stroke 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in x 2.5 in)
Engine Displacement 645 cm3 (40.2 cu.in)
Compression Ratio 11.2 : 1
Carburetion Fuel injection
Oil Capacity (overhaul) 3.0 L (3.2 / 2.6 US / Imp qt)
Starter System Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication System Wet sump
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Primary Reduction Ratio 2.088 (71 / 34)
Final Reduction Ratio 3.133 (47 / 15)
Rake/Trail 26°/ 110 mm (4.3 in)
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc, twin
Rear Disc
Tires Front 110/80R19M/C 59H
Rear 150/70R17M/C 69H
Fuel tank 20.0 L (5.3 / 4.4 US / Imp gal)
Overall length 2,290 mm (90.2 in)
Overall Width 835 mm (32.9 in)
Overall height 1,405 mm (55.3 in)
Wheelbase 1,560 mm (61.4 in)
Seat height 835 mm (32.9 in)
Curb mass 214 kg (472 lbs)

Time For Real Adventures
The spirit of adventure beckons you to new destinations. To new sights, sounds and sensations. The V-Strom 650 ABS is built to get you there with more enjoyment and excitement, in greater comfort. Performance. Handling. Styling. Redesigned throughout. Upgraded throughout. The V-Strom 650 ABS. Time for real adventures.

V-Strom 650 ABS Features

• Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile.
  • The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
  • Stylish and functional front air intakes and side air outlets contribute to both looks and rider comfort.
  • 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
  • Comfortable riding position composed with a well-shaped seat, slim 20-liter fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.

• Functional seat, combining red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and topped with an embossed V-Strom logo.
  • The upswept muffler, topped with a silver cover and a buffed-finish end cap is gracing the rear end.
  • Lightweight resin luggage carrier comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat and is one piece with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars.
  • Instruments with an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock.
  • Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
  • LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
  • 645cm3 V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for a full-range riding enjoyment.
  • Efficient engine designs deliver high mileage and class-leading riding range.

• Radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency and allowing hot radiator air to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs.(*Suzuki-patented design.)
  • The fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
  • The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
  • A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
  • Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
  • Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.

• Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and well-poised running at high-speeds.
  • Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound stepless damping adjuster as well as a preload adjuster.
  • 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
  • Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
  • Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
    *Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.

• Transponder-type Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS) helps prevent theft with an electronic code ID system built into the owner’s key.(excluding North American specifications)
  • A wide selection of Suzuki Genuine Accessories, designed for a smooth, easy fit with the V-Strom 650 ABS, adds to both adventure tourer profile and function.

1. Ayk says:

Japan just doesn’t get the adv-bike thing for the U.S. This new DL, much like the old one, would indeed be an adventure getting down some ratty road, but more likely to run out of fuel when you need it most. Yamaha offers the pork-r-us Tenere 12 by pre-purchase only but won’t bring in the adv-worthy 660. Kawasaki could’ve built (and still can build) a nice adventurer with their 650 twin. Instead, we got the VerSys. Not a bad motorcycle, but not one for the outback, either. And the first major KLR update in history emasculates the poor thing. Then there’s Honda–here’s a company that could own this market if they wanted to. But they cough up a warmed-over VFR with trailish tires. My cat horks up better looking hairballs.

BMW owns this market, Triumph is getting a foothold. Why won’t Japan compete?

• jimbo says:

I think the way to view this bike is that most visitors here tend to be hard core bike nuts. The Japanese aim only for the lowest common denominator, being the average Joe walking in off the street thinking about a bike (someone who just recently turned off the TV watching football and drinking a beer) and not consumed with performance they way are most MD visitors.

All your points good and I could not agree more.

The Japanese get the profit motive, while we are driven by overall performance and the overall “gestalt” of the biking experience. In this case, the two do not intersect.

2. Goose says:

I have to add to the people who are disappointed in the new DL650. This is basically the old bike so it will be a good bike and probably sell as well as the old version. However, Suzuki clearly didn’t bother to do any research with the people I know who own V-Stroms. They all want better suspension, better brakes, a center stand, etc. You can get that from the after market but it sure would save a bundle for many owners if Suzuki followed Triumph’s lead and offered an “R” will upgraded brakes, forks and shock for another $k or so dollars.

I have to laugh at the comments that 5 gallons of gas is enough. I’ve upgraded a 6 gallon tank to a 9+ gallon tank and been very happy with the change. To each his/ her own.

Goose

• Zombo says:

Yep I totally agree . The Wee is basically one of those bikes that proves the adage “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.” I sold mine after a couple of years and upgraded to the Vee , but when I rode a friend’s well sorted out Wee it seems 100 pounds lighter than it’s big brother with a buttery smooth engine and trans and 50+ mpg to boot . Now he’s upgraded the brakes , put cartridge emulators in the forks , swapped out the rear shock , added better front calipers , Madstad bracket and aftermarket windscreen which totally cures the buffeting , velocity stacks , power commander and aftermarket pipe to improve performance . Yes it’s a fun great ride when well sorted , but you’d think Suzuki would’ve sorted a few of those things out themselves – like the suspension and brakes which need the most expensive aftermarket solutions .

3. Steve says:

Over 5 gallons is plenty, more than my Goldwing. Sounds like they may have fixed the windshield complaints. Still needs a center stand, single sided swingarm, valve adjustments that do not require cam removal and direct injection.

4. Gronde says:

Less fuel on board, eh? That will be great improvement. Same dry weight as a Suzuki Bandit 1200S? Gee, they REALLY worked hard on reducing the weight. 3-way windshield? That should be a lot of fun to pay for after you drop it on that gravel road for the first time. I think it will be an overwhelming success if you like heavy bike with less range than last years bike. Line up boys, I’m sure they’re already flying out the door!!!

• riley says:

I’m pretty sure 472 weight is wet which is probably less than the dry weight of a 1200 bandit.

• jimbo says:

Mixed feelings about the 472s lbs weight spec…do you think that’s full tank? My ’00 R1150GS (twelve model years ago from this here new Zooki) weighed 589 bls wet full tank ready to rock and roll per independent pro review. So we’re talking (let’s presume) 117 lbs lighter, twelve model years later, for a bike with 40% less motor displacement (obviously the motor is more advanced, liquid cooled, more output per liter, 4 valves, DOHC, etc.)

IMHO, after twelve model years, Zooki should have cut more weight and upgraded a lot more than they did. Almost purely cosmetic, which in these miserable economic times is maybe all this Japanese company can muster.

The Beemer came with a center stand, which I used every day I rode the bike.

Zook improved the side view, but I agree w/ another poster who said the lights are just way out of proportion, outright ugly and unacceptable. You wonder who signs off on this crap. Did the lights pass ANY focus group test?

• Gronde says:

I have the owners manual in my hand and the 2002 GSF1200 Bandit is 471#. The “S” is 485#. We’re talking an old technolgy, 1157cc 4-cyl street bike with a center stand. So that’s a piss-poor effort on Suzuki’s part at producing a 650cc adventure bike that’s supposed to be useful off-road. With fuel the 650 will be over 500#…not so much fun even in gravel.

• Zombo says:

Suzuki for the past two years has been giving their weights in curb mass which means full battery , full cooling system . full crankcase , and full gas tank . Those Bandit figures are from the past and are dry weight numbers – no gas , no oil , and no battery electrolyte .

• riley says:

Bandits 471 and 485 DRY WEIGHT..
          dl650 472 WET WEIGHT. not over 500 lbs.

the wee strom is only about 417 dry. That’s a big diff between this bike and b12

• Gronde says:

Suzuki could do a lot better. Remember what motorcycles of 650 cc’s weighed in the old days? Look up the weights for a Triumph 650 and tell me what you think. Technology and 40 years of development haven’t helped one bit in making supposed adventure bikes any lighter.

• Zombo says:

Liquid cooled bikes are heavier than the bikes of yesteryear , but can go over 100K miles without an engine rebuild . No offense to anyone , but based on the many of the riders I see out there today the best thing to reduce rolling mass would for the riders to go on a diet !

5. yaya says:

Well it’s always had a good motor, frame, always comfortabe and good on fuel so this does the same job as was intended. I agree going with a smaller fuel capacity is always wrong unless it’s higher 6th gear/motor tweaks compenstates for that effectivly to the same range. What is most important is it more fun to ride than the original? if that was accomplish than it was all worth the refinements and it can hold it’s place in motorcycling. If not redesign it again until it is or it’s status is replacable.

As for the engine/skid guards, better supsension wheels ect… looks like all that will be availabe in aftermarket/factory accessories to beef it up for those who actually need/use/or want it. A bigger concern for it’s potential buyers will be the off road ability of the tyres chosen. No bike on the planet is capable of being any better or worse than that of the tyres put on to it.

Overall from the last pic it looks like it can be a good/usefull gravel road going around town and hyway motorcycle, the bigger engines don’t necessarily do any better at anything except being bigger.

My own angle, I find sport ans sport tounging bikes can be pushed into gravel road work on occasion and are alot more fun everywhere else.

6. warprints says:

I have a 2007 Wee-Strom. I am not impressed with the new one, and will gladly stick with my bike over the new one. The Wee-Strom is a great and fun little bike, but it is by no means a true do-it-all …. that’s why I also have a VFR and am buying another Wing.

7. Steve D says:

YYYYAAAaaaawwwwwnnnnn…

8. tron says:

I had an ’05, nice machine, worked well, very bland and lacking in personality. I knew the day i got it that I would cash it in like a pop bottle at some point and never look back,and I did.
    I don’t think it had to be that way. I also had an SV1000 which was a much more endearing bike. I think had the little Strom been punched out to a 750, and perhaps had the option of an ‘R’ model with uprated suspension, maybe an adventure package (skid plate, luggage) that it could have been much more interesting. As it was, it always felt too much like a beginners bike to me although I know some very knowledgable people who own them.

9. J. Paul says:

750 – 900 cc’s is the new standard for this category, call it whatever you want = adventure bike, trailie, light touring, etc. I had hoped for an 800; 750 would have been acceptable. Not saying it’s a bad bike, so no flame-throwing; I’m not a hater. The Wee has always been one of my favorite bikes, but it’d have to be way cheaper for me to buy it instead of the Tiger 800. Savin’ up…

10. jdelv says:

WTF is with the laminar lip? In my opinion if you have to put those on the manufacturer blew it on airflow around the rider. “3-way height-adjustable windscreen” and the thing still must not stop the awful buffeting issue I had on mine. Can’t believe they didn’t do a better job on the *angle* adjustment options. Looks like the Mad-Stad bracket will continue to sell well.

The fuel tank shrinkage not too cool. Headlights sort of look like those on a 2005 Yamaha FZ. Less bulbous bodywork perhaps. Otherwise, it’s the same solid machine for those who street ride these adv bikes. How many GS owners have actually taken theirs down a dirt road, and if they occasionally did, rode without fear of dropping it…?

11. Tom says:

Those hittin the haterade need not apply. I think the bike will be a hit.

12. Vrooom says:

I’ve owned 2 V-Stroms and put on about 150K miles on ‘em, so I obviously like ‘em, but this is disappointing. They saved a bit of weight by reducing the gas tank size (the old one didn’t have a skid pan either, plenty of aftermarket options). They changed the plastic so it looks a bit more like the 1000 did, but it’s not the exact same plastic so they can sell new bits. Looks like there is some change to the engine mounting which might mean some of the old farkles won’t work on the new bike. I’m disappointed, same gas tank, same weight, more protection for fragile bits, upgraded forks, and 800cc of displacement is what I was hoping for.

13. Stinky says:

Same old great bike, shame about the smaller tank. I recommended these to a lot of newer riders if they have the inseam for ‘em. I’m really sorry I missed the naked TLs. I like the VStrom but I don’t think it really needs a 19 in front wheel. I’ve never seen these on more than a dirt road.

• Vrooom says:

I ride my 1000 in AMA dual sport events, it’s a decent 2 track bike, but definitely shouldn’t be on much in the way of trails (doesn’t mean I don’t try), though it’s done anyway. It is perfect for riding dirt highways like the Dempster or across the Black Rock desert though. I’ve seen a fair number converted to a 17″ front wheel, there must be some kind of bracket available to move the brake caliper mounting.

14. Stone996e says:

Wow. So it’s lighter because of the smaller gas tank and no skid plate…but wait…there is red stitching on the seat! Suzuki…epic fail.

15. blackcayman says:

More proof Suzuki Marketing doesn’t have a clue…The USA Suzuki Motorcycles site is still dribbling out the blury tease pics when the Global site spilled the beans over 24 hours ago. They make it hard to be a Suzuki fan sometimes.
    Oh well…I’m still loving the SV1000 N – good thing because there’s not much else to consider except the Tiger 1050, the Ninja 1000 and of course some day a Motus

16. blackcayman says:

I posted this yesterday on the JUne 14th Suzuki Teaser entry:

Suzuki is out with the “New Bike” – well its a freshened Vstrom 650. Swing and a miss! All that hype and it’s just a 650 again???? Are you freakin Kidding me??? Who is running the marketing dept over there? —- OK it’s a fine little bike with a following, most of them love their bikes – how many will upgrade??? How about a stroked version up into the 800s??? and keeping the lighter frame etc etc. Where is the 1200 version to really comptete in the Big Trailee Class??? At least then there would be some buzz…

17. Tim says:

Yeah. Because the GS’s don’t need any added protection as delivered and everybody RAVES about how comfy the stock seats are, right? Riiiight.

18. Zombo says:

Based on what I’ve heard online the past week this refresh is no big surprise , but cartridge forks and improved front brakes would’ve been a welcome addition . I like the digital dash and the higher ratio 6th gear , but it looks the redesigned windscreen won’t be compatible with the Madstad bracket and windscreens from the old model , at least without modification – good news for more aftermarket sales . My friend who works at a Suzuki dealer says the Gladius engine (which apparently was put in this Strom) feels like it has a bit more than the old SV650 despite what stats say so who knows if it’s any improvement over the old one until you ride it . Too bad no slightly lighter non-abs model is offered . More pics on pages 24-25 in the link below since the Suzuki link isn’t working any longer .

19. craigj says:

NOW WITH BOLD NEW GRAPHICS!!!!! … only they forgot the graphics.

Same old bike that already has a dedicated following. Making the gas tank smaller and not addressing some of the obvious issues is not going to go over well.

20. TheHeadJerk says:

Oh Suzuki … So many ‘woulda, coulda, shouldas’ with the little 6Fiddy.
    So, Reduced range via a smaller gas tank capacity, CHECK
    Slower handling via a longer wheelbase, CHECK,
    Pretty new plastics resembling the BMW 800, CHECK
    Same 650 engine instead of a competitive 800 or 850, CHECK.
    Reduced compression, CHECK.

Another missed opportunity for Suzuki, CHECK!

21. Paulo says:

It’s a good looking bike, but it is NOT what suzuki says it is! Don’t call it an adventure bike. Maybe an SUM ( Sport-Utility Motorcycle). Just like most SUV, it got an offroad look, but it’S realy intended for the road!

22. Strom716 says:

Bold New Plastics.. Guess Suzuki isnt really that serious about the adv touring market. The original Strom was a winner, it is nice to hear they may have fixed the windscreen issue and other nice little touches here and there but other than that… better than nothing. To compete with the competition it needs updated suspension and shaft drive but of course that would raise the price in a crappy economy when $$ is tight for most of us. This is turning into the next KLR (which isnt a bad thing).. Next update 2021. Until then ride on and be safe..

23. ABQ says:

They made the gas tank smaller and called it an adventure bike. FAIL! Well, with that seat you couldn’t sit on it for very long anyway. They didn’t bother to ad a skid plate, so stay off those dirt roads guys. Or, stay off the V-Strom and by a used GS instead.

24. Oska says:

less fuel, less wind protection from the fairing.
    That doesn’t sound like an improvement.

Smaller Radiator? that doesn’t help if you are stuck in traffic.
    That doesn’t sound like an improvement.

radiator heat deflected away from legs
    That sounds good, unless it’s cold outside, then that doesn’t sound like an improvement.

in my opinion, the changed fairing does NOT improve the looks of the bike.

it has some nice sounding electronic improvements,
    such as adding MPG to the lcd display, and putting the selector switch on the handlebar.
    Who knows if the engine tweeks feel nicer, but I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Very disappointed that the suspension is not changed.

25. Pat says:

Looks a bit better, though I also like the last one. I would consider this bike if I were in the market. The “teasers” were kind of a waste though.

26. John A. Kuzmenko says:

I think it looks a bit better.
    Looks a bit lighter, visually.

What I really want to know is why the V-Stroms are listed under Suzuki’s Dual sport category on their website.
    Now, THAT is funny to me.
    It’s a freakin’ street bike, folks. :)

27. Ruefus says:

PIss, moan, piss, moan, cry, cry, cry…..

V-Stroms are so much fun to ride, I’m glad they didn’t change a lot. You want change? SV650 to Gladius. That was NOT a step up.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• Woody says:

Well, that mind set is ok… but Suzuki called this “Reveal” to a “New Adventure Bike”… which this bike does neither. It’s just a new skin. I’m glad it floats your boat, but I’m sick of the way motorcycle manufacturers are trying to dupe their customer base into thinking they’ve done something great.

• Ruefus says:

Motorcycle manufacturers? Why so narrow? Standard operating procedure for just about every industry there is.

Does it suck? Yeah. But the bike is good. Not ‘new’ in the literal sense, sure. Frankly, I’m glad Suzuki has been able to survive this far.

The bike (new skin – old skin) is a riot to ride. Suzuki will sell a ton of them.

• joe says:

+1.
      looks nice…hopefully they will offer incentives to get rid of the old 2011…i’ll be first in line.

28. zrx4me says:

where is the 800cc motor suzuki?I’ve said it before,looks like suzuki is becoming a 2nd tier motorcycle mfg.

29. MikeD says:

Well, is an improvement over the model it replaces, is alright.
    It’ll do just fine like it did before…a good no frills daily driver good fuel economy no non-sense real world motorcycle ergos [at an affordable price ?]didn’t see MSRP anywhere.
    Good thing i never holded my breath for this one…the SuperTen still doing it for me.

JMHO, STRIKE ONE! What else is left to see[from Suzuki]before they are out for the year?

Of Topic: I like the new Avatars…lmao, how do they get asigned ? Why kpaul got the cool looking one ? lol. Just curious…mine’s got rolling eyes and a crooked mouth…u guys nailed it…lmao.

30. Louis says:

Actually, I’m glad they didn’t change what is a great bike. The improvements in the instruments adding a gear position readout, coolant and ambient temperature (I hope the coolant readout is in actual numbers like the SV1000), and average fuel consumption are very welcome, as is the new and hopefully turbulent free windshield. I love the colors too. Yes, it’s no Triumph or BMW. So what, go pony up the bucks if that is what you want. The 650 V-Strom is the best all-around bike I’ve ever owned and a great value and I’m glad they didn’t change it too much. One other thing; many have commented on what a crappy suspension it has. Bull! If you mean it doesn’t work well at very high speeds when ridden like a sport bike, well, it isn’t a sport bike. As it is it has a very comfortable ride heading down the highway and ridden at reasonable speeds. It soaks up bumps like a much more expensive bike, and I have no complaints about it. If you can get a 2011 at a good price, I say you won’t be sorry.

• Oska says:

If all you want to do is go straight down the highway, or putter around the neighborhood, sure the suspension is fine.

God forbid you should want to make some sudden, unanticipated turn to avoid an accident, drive on cold, wet roads, or want to leave the asphalt and travel on some dirt roads, then that comfortable, spongy suspension really doesn’t help.

31. The Other Tim says:

Good Lord……they teased us for THIS?! I feel ashamed that I was even excited to boot up my computer this morning in hopes Suzuki would reveal a Tiger 800 killer. V-SNORE – I completely agree. Go back home Suzuki – you don’t deserve to sell this bike in the US anymore if this is the best you can do.

32. Markus says:

But does it run like a Gladius?

33. Jerrylee says:

same pancake mirrors along with 1985 turn signals this time

Painted with an extra piece of plastic tacked on. Same wheels, same fork, same motor. Yawwwwwnnnn …

35. Tim says:

Something about that tank reminds me of the BMW F800S and F800ST. I thought I was looking at a new BMW in the picture until I saw the V twin.

36. slomo says:

big freakin deal Suzuki.

37. John H. says:

Suzuki, I am disappoint.

38. paso100 says:

Whittling down the ugly stick should not count as an “improvement.” Wow, what a revelation. Somebody stop those radicals at the Suzuki design department before I fall asleep.

39. S Calwel says:

And, it’s most outstanding “improvement” is?

40. John says:

I’m really disappointed. They teased us for weeks for a slight revamp.

41. ian saki says:

Big yawn! I will keep mine. Inverted forks might have awaken my lust.

42. @Reyzie says:

This is the “big announcement????” Cute little bike, but I was hoping for a S1000RR/1198/RSV4 killer. :-(

• Neil says:

That tank makes all the difference. Kudos to the engineer who made that change. If you want something else, start your company, get your financing, market your bike and try selling it. No one is stopping you. It is , in fact, a certain middle of the road-ness that makes this bike successful. I am not a fan of teh squash your jewels seats they put on these things but if it were firm enough that would be ok.

43. Hot Dog says:

Whine, whine, whine,….blah, blah, blah… it looks like a Gold Wing, oh the high pipe will take away my ability to pack a hair blower, I’m so bored with every design….Put 20,000 miles on it a year and shut your damn pie holes. My god, you guys sit on the keyboard and pass judgement like GOD herself.

• Dean says:

So sportbike lights and smooth fairing are uglier than the Bug-eyed lights and BMW beak??? Really???

The “Sportbike” lights on my old Vstrom1000 are the best lights I’ve had on a bike OR car… Light up the road nice, and high beams will scare any Blue-hair out of the fast lane!

• motogrin says:

Fine. I used to have a DL650. I rode it all the time and put a lot of miles on it. It was a great bike but had a couple of deficiencies: a little under powered for its weight and the budget front suspension and front brakes needed improvement. Yes, I am a little disappointed in the cosmetic-only changes. And to reduce the fuel capacity? Too bad–that was something owners loved. Suzuki had the opportunity to play in the game with the F800/Tiger 800 but chose not to. This is their strategic decision so be it. The market will decide.

44. Hermit says:

The V-Strom’s ugliness in large part is it’s sport bike style headlights which I think always looked out of place on a dual sport. The new front is slightly improved, but why not some external headlights and a GS-style beak?

45. jesse says:

certainly looks better. Too bad they didn’t do a little more to improve the specs…’bout due for a new DL1k too, eh?

46. Rub says:

Hepco and Becker Junior bags are shown. I wonder if Suzuki has left the Givi/Kappa fold. It will be interesting to see a full rear shot to confirm they are indeed two different size cases. I think it looks good on paper and in pictures. I can’t wait to see it in person.

47. bikerrandy says:

Looks like Suzuki has coppied Honda with a 2 tone paint job like the new Gold Wings. Both bikes look better this way. 15 tooth front sprocket will wear out chains faster.
    Too bad about the high pipe as it will make the right saddlebag less large or stick further out.

48. Philip says:

On looks alone I say way to go Suzuki!