Troy Bayliss Does His Best to Scare F1 Driver Mark Webber at Queensland Raceway

Maybe you don’t want to ask former WSB champ Troy Bayliss for a ride next time you see him at the track.  This is a picture of a lap Bayliss took at Queensland Raceway with fellow Australian Mark Webber (F1 driver for Team Red Bull) in the passenger seat.  Subsequent Tweets exchanged included:

Webber:  ”Some things need doing. Thanks to @TroyBaylisstic. Great day mate.”

Response from Bayliss:  ”@AussieGrit as expected, you were a top pillion and ripped it up solo as well.”

1. Tommy See says:

Happy 2012 everyone!
    Ride safe and Wide open when you can get away with it!
    Cheers, Mates

2. Joey Wilson says:

So Webbie says to Troy, “all good , mate, I’m used to being behind a champion . . .”

I believe I woulda’ soiled myself ….

4. Tom says:

hmm, what’s that white thing in the middle of Troy’s helmet shield?
    Some kinda camera?

5. Dale says:

For him to retire from the top as he did is so unusual. Watching he and Colin Edwards dice it up in World Superbike remains a favored memory, one of several that Mr Bayliss has provided. Troy Bayliss is the Man!

• AndrewF says:

Unusual, yet so right! It’s so much better to go out on the high note than finish his career at the back of the pack, like Loris Capirossi did. You can tell Bayliss still got an itch, but I just hope he manages to stick to his decision rather than attempting a comeback as that rarely ends well either, see: Mikel Schumacher

• Dale says:

Rick Mears-Indycar(in my mind) is the only one I can think of other then Troy.

As far as Loris goes, I disagree. I think of him as a Lion and believe that he could have done well on a Honda last year. He wasn’t the only one struggling on a Ducati last year… If he wanted to continue racing in World Superbike it would be great. I believe that he would finish top five in his first year with wins. He seems ready to hang up his leathers and walk away, more power to him.

re: “You can tell Bayliss still got an itch, but I just hope he manages to stick to his decision rather than attempting a comeback”

no worries, kim’s all over it.

6. Dean says:

Any video would be wild to see! That’s the way my wife THINKS I am riding, no matter how “good” I try to ride…

Happy New Year to everyone at Motorcycle Daily!! LOVE this site!

7. Freddie says:

Very COOL.. Is there a video??? Looks like a camera in front of Troy.

8. Hot Dog says:

I got pinch marks on the stool I’m sitting on just looking at those crazy Aussies.

9. Gutterslob says:

Them crazy Aussies….

10. pete Rasmussen says:

Nothing compared to what my wife goes through…..ha ha

11. Jason says:

Would like to see that GoPro footage!