It is not your father’s Gold Wing. Conservative Honda gets a little bit crazy with the Gold Wing F6B. According to Honda, “The blacked-out styling treatment with long and low lines gives the Gold Wing F6B an aggressive look, while large capacity saddlebags, a comfortable gunfighter-style seat, premium audio system and more means there’s no need to rough it on the road.” Both standard and deluxe models will be available (see details below). Honda will also have plenty of accessories to personalize the F6B.
Powering this beast, of course, is the tried-and-true, and powerful 1832cc 6-cylinder Gold Wing engine. Take a look at Honda’s web site for additional details. Here is the full press release from Honda:
Whether you have an hour, a weekend or a week to leave it all behind, here’s a new bold and blacked-out-styled machine to satisfy that urge to get away from it all—the brand-new Gold Wing® F6B. This machine is loaded with all the good looks and key features you want, and it’s all set for short hops or weekend trips. It starts with a powerful fuel-injected 1832cc six-cylinder engine that provides an unrivaled level of performance in the class. Honda’s unique, horizontally opposed six-cylinder layout also contributes to an exceptionally low center of gravity. That design, along with a large and stout twin-spar aluminum frame plus a sophisticated suspension system, gives the Gold Wing F6B remarkable nimbleness and maneuverability for superior handling. The blacked-out styling treatment with long and low lines gives the Gold Wing F6B an aggressive look, while large-capacity saddlebags, a comfortable gunfighter-style seat, premium audio system and more means there’s no need to rough it on the road. Available in standard or deluxe trim and offering a wide assortment of Honda Genuine Accessories and Honda Signature Accessories, the 2013 Gold Wing F6B leaves plenty of room to add your own personal touch.
Features and benefits
- Innovative appearance with blacked-out styling, plus incredible performance put the Gold Wing F6B in a class of one.
- Blacked-out treatment applied to wheels, engine and frame.
- Shorty windscreen and gunfighter-style seat add to a unique persona.
- Powerful, fuel-injected 1832cc engine features a parallel two-valve cylinder head with direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation for strong and smooth power production plus rugged dependability.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates two 40mm throttle bodies and six high-pressure programmed fuel injectors.
- Premium audio system features direct MP3/i-Pod connectivity.
- Multi-information screen features odometer/A&B tripmeters, clock, air temperature, saddlebag open indicator, audio controls and music information.
- Sleek lower cowl adds to the aggressive look.
- Stylish tail section incorporates passenger grabrails.
- Lockable, waterproof saddlebags offer large storage capacity.
- Convenient glovebox.
- Deluxe model includes passenger backrest, centerstand, self-canceling turn signals and heated grips.
- Available in Black or Red on both standard and deluxe models.
- Transferable three-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Heated Grips††, Centerstand††, Color-Matched Passenger Backrest with Pad††, Rear Carrier, Backrest/ Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets††, Passenger Headset Junction, Accessory Socket, Tall Windscreen, LED Foglight Kit, Deluxe Helmet Headset (Full and Open), Saddlebag Cooler, Chrome Front Fender Rail, Chrome Front Fender Extension, Chrome Sidestand, Chrome Front Disc Cover, Chrome Bar Ends
Honda Signature Accessories†
- Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Lid Organizer, License Plate Frame, Saddlebag Mat Set
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories and Honda Signature Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. Three-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer, excluding audio accessories which are covered by a limited one-year warranty.
†† Standard on deluxe model.
Final accessory list TBD and subject to change without notice.
Model: GL1800B / GL1800BD
Engine Type: 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 74.0mm x 71.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.8:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping
Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 4.8 inches travel
Rear: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with remote-controlled spring preload adjustment; 4.1 inches travel
Front: Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 66.5 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 29.15°
Trail: 109mm (4.3 inches)
Seat Height: 29.1 inches
Fuel Capacity: 6.7 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD
Colors: Black, Red
Curb Weight*: 842 pounds
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
Specifications subject to change.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. • All Rights Reserved