The V7 Wayward starts life as a Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic, which then gets the Hammarhead touch. No specifications are provided, but the Hammarhead must be substantially lighter than the stock bike, and will certainly make more power with the intake, exhaust and fuel mapping modifications. Below is part of a press release concerning the unveiling of the V7 Wayward in New York last Friday.
Moto Guzzi USA, the North American importer of the Piaggio Group’s iconic Moto Guzzi motorcycle brand, known for its high quality craftsmanship, iconic design, rich heritage and originality, teamed up with Philly-based Hammarhead Industries, widely known for their simple, clean designs and modern interpretations of iconic motorcycles, to unveil a new custom Moto Guzzi V7, the V7 Wayward, whose build platform is a Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic. Inspired by the ‘ode to vintage cool with a modern head-turning twist,’ as part of Moto Guzzi’s brand DNA, the new custom V7 Wayward, will be unveiled in New York City at the Liberty Hall at the Ace Hotel tonight at 7pm EST.
“The choice to collaborate with Hammarhead Industries was an easy one,” said Melissa R. MacCaull, vice president of marketing, Piaggio Group Americas. “Just like with Moto Guzzi, James Hammarhead and team create two-wheel works of art that fulfill a lifestyle need and want, with the right amount of vintage cool and modern flair.”
“The historic Moto Guzzi V7 vehicle range sparked our interest and proved to be the ideal platform for this project ,” said James Hammarhead, founder, Hammarhead Industries. “The goal of the V7 Wayward was to create a Hammarhead bike that could take on the urban commute with appropriate functionality, break free for fast and light travel and ultimately enhance the rider’s experience.”
Sample V7 Wayward Features:
- Simplified bodywork – Reduced weight, visually lightening the motorcycle
- Performance – High flow K&N air filters, custom exhaust and remapped fuel injection
- Suspension – Performance fork springs and rear shocks
- Ergonomics – Mid-rise bars and wide footpegs give an upright riding position with plenty of room to move around in the saddle
- Design – Classic 7-inch teardrop headlight shell housing a small speedometer; low profile, high visibility LED turn signals and two-inch round brake light
- Storage – Wax cotton panniers with internal aluminum frame