BREA, Calif. – On August 16, 1963, Suzuki officially entered the American motorcycle market. Fifty years later, at the Red Bull Indianapolis MotoGP August 16-18, the company will commemorate this notable anniversary and celebrate the customers, dealers and vehicles that make Suzuki a major influence on the powersports market.
Suzuki’s 50th Anniversary event will take place in the Suzuki Fan Paddock at Turn 2, a prominent position trackside, and the largest customer display by any manufacturer at this year’s Indianapolis MotoGP race weekend.
“Our entire display will focus on honoring our customers from the past 50 years,” said Steve Bortolamedi, Communications Manager for Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. “We’re inviting all Suzuki customers to join the festivities; it’s going to be a great weekend celebration of Suzuki’s 50 Years in America, with a look forward, too.”
Suzuki owners can enjoy a variety of exclusive benefits at the Suzuki Fan Paddock at Turn 2 during the Indy MotoGP weekend:
- Hospitality Area: Owners (& one guest) can watch the races from Turn 2 or on video monitors in the display area.
- Free Gear Check: Owners will be able to check in their motorcycle gear and have it secured for the day.
- Free Tech Inspection by qualified Suzuki technicians
- Professional Photo of owners and their bike
Along with Suzuki owners, all fans attending the race weekend are welcome to the following activities at its Fan Paddock:
- Interactive Suzuki History, told by Cycle World and Motorcyclist Magazines.
- PowerSport Institute (PSI) School: Tech training and giveaways
- Genuine Suzuki Parts, Accessories and Apparel Store
- Music and Prizes
- Suzuki Motorcycle, ATV and Scooter Product Display
- Bike Unveiling
- Ultimate Hayabusa Contest Winner Announcement
- Kids Fan Pack
- GSX-R Knee Dragging Photo Booth Experience
- Suzuki Race Teams: Yoshimura Suzuki, National Guard / Michael Jordan, and more!
Suzuki owners can purchase their Indianapolis MotoGP tickets here: http://bit.ly/Suzuki-IndyGP. Owners who purchase these tickets will be able to park at our Fan Paddock, take advantage of the track lap for half the cost, have a reserved seat at the grandstand, and receive IMS souvenirs. Visit the ticketing website for more info.