Suzuki is celebrating its 50th anniversary in America this year, and last weekend at the Indianapolis MotoGP event a huge area was set aside in the infield for Suzuki displays and customer appreciation services. We will have a special report on this, as well as photos of some of the iconic bikes and advertisements from Suzuki during that time frame. Here are photos of a Special Edition 2014 GSX-R1000 unveiled by Suzuki at Indy.
The 2014 GSX-R1000 SE is a limited production machine with only 100 available worldwide, 50 of which will be available in the United States. After the studio photos displayed in this article, you will see photos taken by the author at the Indianapolis unveiling to the press. The SE is based on the 2012 revision of the GSX-R1000 described in our earlier article here.
Special features include:
- Matte silver-colored bodywork with special graphics.
- Polished and chrome plated frame.
- Wheel rims are machined and polished, wheel spokes are finished with blue painted and clear coat.
- Blue-anodized front fork adjuster, front damper bolt fork parts comp, chain adjuster, steering stem nut, rear swingarm pivot boss, brake lever, clutch lever.
- Black-anodized front caliper.
- Blue-colored and clear coated clutch cover, generator cover, engine sprocket cover, rear shock spring.
- Polished and clear coated muffler, muffler cover and Black-anodized muffler end cap. Exhaust pipes are polished.
- Polished and clear coated footrest guard.
- Mat black swingarm.
- Special speedometer panel design.
- Special serial number plate.
- Special Key fob.
- Blue-colored fuel tank cap, headlight inner, drive chain, seat.
- Black-colored radiator, oil cooler.
- New “S” emblem with ridge line on the fuel tank.
- New “S” emblem with ridge line on the front fork upper bracket.
The sample we saw in person was superbly detailed, as you can see by clicking on the large photos below. Unfortunately, Suzuki has not yet announced the price or any details on dealer availability. We expect Suzuki to do so shortly, and we will pass it along.