These are pictures of the Suzuki concepts that will be on display at the Tokyo Motor Show next month. The Recursion pictured above features a 588 cc twin-cylinder, turbocharged engine. Automobiles are looking to turbos to combine big engine performance with small engine fuel economy, and the Recursion may be driven by a similar theme. Here is what Suzuki has to say about the Recursion:
Recursion: a compact roadster with sophisticated features of adults packed into a middle-class motorcycle.
- The Recursion compact roadster has a styling that gives form to the love of motorcycles, while striking a balance between the running performance of a large displacement motorcycle and the easy handling and economy of a middle displacement motorcycle.
- By arranging a newly developed 588cm3 water-cooled in-line 2-cylinder engine with an intercooler turbo on its compact body, it realizes easy handling and economy on city streets, and an exhilarating, torquey ride on winding roads.
- True to the name, Recursion is a model that brings back the basics of riding excitement in the diverse ways a motorcycle can be enjoyed.
The second concept is the EXTRIGGER, which Suzuki describes as “an electric mini motorcycle”. Similar to the Honda Grom, the EXTRIGGER has big bike features, such as inverted forks and disc brakes. Here is Suzuki’s description of the EXTRIGGER:
EXTRIGGER: an electric mini motorcycle that offers new sensation to have fun.
- This is an electric motorcycle that was developed to give more people the chance to find out the fun of motorcycle. It is easy to ride and offers new sensation to have fun.
- An electric motor unit of the e-Let’s electric scooter is equipped on a compact frame similar to that of a small bicycle.
- While it feels like a toy bike, the EXTRIGGER has features that are small but look like the real thing: aluminum frame, inverted front forks, front and rear disc brakes, and so on.
- Making use of visible light communication technology, the rider can receive information from the motorcycle shop or enjoy communicating with friends.
- The name EXTRIGGER is coined from EX, which stands for Electric CROSS (X) over, and TRIGGER, which means a chance. Our desire to give people a chance to get interested in motorcycles with this model is put into its name.