Two riders were penalized due to AMA Supercross Rulebook violations that took place during the 250SX main event of the third round of the 2014 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, in Anaheim, Calif., on Jan. 18.
The AMA Supercross Race Director determined that Rio Rancho, N.M.’s Jason Anderson (No. 17) and Vista, Calif.’s Chris Proscelle (No. 193) violated Section 4.15, paragraph e of the 2014 AMA Supercross Rulebook.
Section 4.15, paragraph e reads as follows:
e. White Flag with Red Cross or Red Flashing Light:
1. This flag or a red flashing light may be displayed at the beginning of a triple jump or a series of jumps.
2. The riders must roll each jump individually with no passing and exercise extreme caution until they are past the area of concern.
3. This includes the sighting or cool down laps.
4. Takes precedence over all other flags that may be displayed.
5. The penalty for non-compliance of this flag during a race will be the loss of number of positions gained plus two additional positions in the final results for that race. If no positions were gained, the penalty will be the loss of two positions in the final results for that race.
6. The penalty for non-compliance of this flag during qualifying practices will be the loss of the rider’s fastest lap time during that session
Results for the Anaheim, Calif., Jan. 18, main event have been modified accordingly. Final results can be found at http://results.amasupercross.com/.