On 21st March the influential English certification board Sharp (Safety Helmet and Assessment Rating Programme) awarded 5 Sharp stars to the AGV Corsa helmet.
This helmet is a member of the AGV “Extreme Standard Helmets” family, and is now listed among the 321 safest helmets in the world.
The 5 Stars are defined by the English Department of Transport, and are the highest marks for safety. Sharp assigns this important rating by means of an independent evaluation system, where the helmets are subjected to the safety criteria tests without involving the manufacturers.
In fact, the English Department has confirmed that 50 lives could have been saved by using the helmets that received the top marks from Sharp.
The AGV Corsa helmet gained this important award thanks to the “Extreme Standard Helmets” design system, which defines new standards for safety, ergonomics and comfort. The Corsa design process begins with the components that are directly in contact with the head, to then work outwards through to the final shell.
- Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in fibreglass, aramid and Carbon fibre
- N° of shells: 4 shell sizes
- Fabric: Breathable Lycra® and Shalimar with sanitising treatment
- Liners: fully removable and washable
- Ventilation system IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts on the shell
- Air vents with open/close mechanism.
- Visor mechanism XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with swivel opening. Microlock front locking and visor micro-opening system. Quick release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds.
- Visor: Flat RACE, Class 1 optical standard, non-scratch, anti-fog visor (4 layers) with wide field of vision and tearoff strips
- Double D retention system
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Sizes: XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
Price: 780 eur (Multi); 729 eur (Mono)