Ducati Reveals Production Specs for Streetfighter V4

Ducati has released full production specifications for the Streetfighter V4, as well as the Streetfighter V4 S. These bikes are designed to take naked motorcycle performance to a level never before seen in a production model.

To begin with, the amazing 1,103cc V4 engine derived from the Panigale Superbike makes a claimed 208 horsepower and 90 foot/pounds of torque. The already-crazy Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 makes a mere 175 horsepower, by comparison.

When looking at the new bikes, you can see that Ducati is also incorporating aerodynamic wings … first seen, relatively recently, on MotoGP bikes. The “Ducati Safety Pack” will also feature on the Streetfighter models, which means state-of-the-art traction control, wheelie control, launch control, ABS and other systems influenced by a six axis IMU.

The new Streetfighter V4 is intended to be a very capable, comfortable street bike that is equally at home on the race track. More upright, roomy ergonomics in comparison to a superbike makes street riding more than livable.

The top level Streetfighter V4S gets forged wheels and Ohlins electrically-controlled suspension and steering damper, in addition to the features found on the standard model, such as Brembo Stylema brake calipers, selectable riding modes and 5″ TFT instrument display. The bikes are scheduled to be available in the U.S. next month with the standard Streetfighter V4 priced at $19,995 and the Streetfighter V4 S priced at $23,995.

You can find the full Streetfighter V4 press release and the technical specs in the links below.

1. Skybullet says:

Please ignore my previous post. Can you say power to weight ratio? https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-890-duke-r-usa-price/

2. The Anonymouse says:

I can afford the bike but I cannot tolerate the expensive maintenance due to the Desmo valves and the time it takes to get to and adjust them. It doesn’t matter if it’s every 16,000(?) or so miles, Desmo valve lash is no longer any advantage as valve spring technology has more than advanced in the last couple of decades.

It’s a trademark technology for Ducati but it is too expensive. Couple a major servie on this bike along with tires at the same time and unless you’re very well off, you will probably sell the bike before the next major service comes due.

Reality check. It doesn’t mean it’s not a great motorcycle, just that it’s too expensive to maintain, even with longer intervals, for the average person. That’s true of most Ducati bikes.

• Edbob says:

A pack of lies. This is an old myth from the interwebs that won’t die. Valves are as easy as any modern bike.

• DeltaZulu says:

You are correct Edbob. I have owned 4 Ducatis and they were as dependable as any of the other Euro or Jap bikes I have owned. I think a lot of people spout this crap because they are a poor little fanboy of something else. I am not a fan of any particular company, be it cars, guns, motorcycles, toilet paper or anything else. Just buy what you want, enjoy it if you can, and don’t be envious, jealous, or whatever, of the other products on the market. It’s not a member of your family, ffs, it is just a machine!

• Superlight says:

Have you checked into the cost to do a valve check service on the competitors’ 4-valve, 4-cylinder bikes? I don’t think it will be very different from a Ducati V4; all 4-cylinders are expensive to maintain.

3. Skybullet says:

This bike follows the theory that more is better. More unusable power, more Poser Points at Starbucks, more likely to spit you off if you attempt to sample the available performance. How about a lighter, better handling, usable mid to upper range power, easy to ride fast, bike? No, wait… that sounds like a KTM 790 Duke!

• Superlight says:

I’ve demo’d that KTM and was mighty impressed with its performance, but mighty unimpressed with its basic bodywork design and many detail elements. Compared to its Ducati competitors (Monster 821, for example), the Duke 790 execution is rather crude, IMO.

• Mikey says:

That has always been true. 🍻
      In the words of the great Kevin Cameron…”If you want a faster bike become a better rider”.

4. Neal says:

The wings don’t seem to be working very well in those press shots, that front wheel just keeps coming up.

5. ABQ says:

As for the wings:.. Batman Approves

6. larlok says:

That is one ugly Duck

7. TimC says:

Looks amazing. Well, other than the looks. Bikes sure ain’t lookin’ good these days.

I mean she may perform, but we still need a lunch sack to make it work.

8. Jabe says:

Now that is an absurd amount of hp. I don’t claim to be any better rider than the next guy, I’m approaching my 60’s and my reflexes are slowing, but I still want this bike. Now if we can take off those damn winglets and those stupid little bicycle reflectors on the front brakes…

9. austin zzr 1200 says:

might be fast enough for me..

10. Dave says:

YES!!! Crazy power, I like that very much. I like the looks too.
    I’m a bit afraid of Ducati reliability though. I’ve heard from a former long time dealer they are sketchy and factory support for repair support is very difficult to get.
    Love what they’ve done though.

• Superlight says:

I’ve owned several Ducatis over the years (Pantah 600, Paso 907, 748R, Supersport 900, Monster 1200, Supersport 939) and all have been reliable. Their service schedules match or exceed the competition.

• TimC says:

Some are charmed, some not. Service schedule doesn’t include time on the shoulder.

• Jeremy says:

I know a guy that won a million bucks at a casino. Twice. You two should hang out.

• Mick says:

900SS, two Multistrada, and a 916. Total of one recalled voltage regulator.

I get a kick out of people who never had a Ducati going on about how unreliable they are. Yeah, right. Tell me another story.

• mickey says:

Well, I could let you talk to my son who bought a new Duc 696 Monster. Electrical system went out, transmission locked up (shop said it was a common problem), persistent oil leak, squeaky rear brakes (shop said it was a common problem), swelling fuel tank (shop says common problem). He calls it 2 things, his “Italian Harley” and his “50 mile bike” (he won’t ride it further than 50 miles round trip from his house because he might need to go home and get a trailer). He was smart on top of the factory warranty he bought an extended warranty for it which covered most of the stuff. He’s got 13,000 miles on it.

• mickey says:

Don’t get me wrong he loves the bike when it is running like it should. He put Termigonis on it and loves the sound, handles great, but he doesn’t trust the bike. He also had a FZ-09 that he put 13,000 miles on that was never in the shop for anything. Similar performance as the 696 Duc. He now rides an MT-10 Yamaha as his primary bike if he actually wants to go someplace

11. Tom R says:

I not sure which is more ridiculous: the amount of power that almost no one can fully utilize, or those wings.

12. Ricardo says:

I remember a few years back, you needed to shed $70 to $100K for a bike making this much power and it was unobtainable due to limited runs. Now you can get one for $20K, so that is a lot of progress and cost effective improvements.

13. Rendell says:

Dirk, will you be posting part 2 of the W800 review? Thanks.

14. Gene says:

I think I need a DUC.

15. Harry says:

I would like to see videos with engine sounds only No music of any kind. I know the answer: just go buy one buddy.

16. Reginald Van Blunt says:

Y’know what would REALLY impress, Ducati ? A modern 450 single with a flat seat and standard handle bars.
    Lest one forgets, the real world advantage of desmo is low power loss at thumper rpm.

• Provologna says:

Is this correct? The power gain for positive up/down valve actuation (Desmo) is fixed relative to HP. So the less power the motor makes, the greater the ratio of Desmo power gain vs. spring valve actuation.

I too would much rather see the same level of refinement of this V4 in a single. Or…..how about a half-sized V4, around 550cc, w/positively glass smooth motor at any/every RPM and throttle position?

• todd says:

Ducati makes the 400 twin. It took me a little while to find it because there are no links to it or other “Scramblers” on the Ducati web site. I guess it’s like Dodge Ram Trucks now, kids trying to move out of the parents house.

• Reginald Van Blunt says:

Wow, a possible counter to Itchy Boot’s bike. 403 pounds wet, if it gets good milage – – – very interesting. Oh, oh, I forgot my size 13 foot.

17. Motoman says:

Finally. Somebody decided to put some horsepower in the naked category. The KTM and Aprilia are so boring. 🙂

18. Frank Davis says:

19. Grover says:

I suppose it looks better in person. Let’s hope!

20. carl says:

Now that motogp seems toast, is Ducati sending Marquez with every sale to use this bike to it’s limit for proper break in.

21. Pedro says:

oof- that is one random conflagration of stuff. Suzuki is starting to look good – whoa

22. todd says:

Ridiculous excess, not interested. My bikes are already way more capable than I am, what more could I expect out of this?

• KenLee says:

You can expect spontaneous, effortless, third-gear, no-clutch power wheelies, with height controlled by adjustable electronic nanny and for many riders this reason alone is good enough to buy it. Performance of top-spec road legal bikes is way higher than skills of 99% average road riders for over 20 past years.

• Grover says:

In 1982 (38 yrs ago) I rode my buddies SUZUKI GS1100E and that bike scared the poop out of me! I don’t even want to think what 200+ HP is like. I guess I’m old and feeble now with the money to buy whatever bike I want but have no desire for this bike that will only get me squashed, even with all the electronic nannys. I have more fun on my dual sport anyway.

• fred says:

KenLee, you might think that is a good thing. I’m with todd on this one.

• Motoman says:

“Performance of top-spec road legal bikes is way higher than skills of 99% average road riders for over 20 past years.”

Totally agree on this point. I had a 2004 ZX10 that I could get around race track at a pretty good pace. Bike still had about 10 seconds a lap that I didn’t have on the big track at Willow Springs.