MV Agusta Rush 1000: Not Just a Styling Exercise

Okay, so maybe the new MV Agusta Rush 1000 is a styling exercise … but it is not just a styling exercise. Limited to 300 units, it is powered by MV’s 998cc inline-four. Top drawer features abound.

This version of the big four puts out 208 horsepower (212 hp with an optional Racing Kit). Traction control, launch control, wheelie control and quickshifter are also on the features list. Brembo Stylema calipers and electronically-adjustable Öhlins suspension are there, as well.

“Drag Race” styling is either odd, or interesting, depending on your perspective, as is the $37,200 asking price. Production is said to begin in June.

1. TimC says:

You know what they say about mopeds? I think I’d pick the moped

2. J.Man says:

I sold MV Augustas for 7 years, in the 7 years I sold probably 13 or so. They have a terrible market, because they are so limited they’re not in NADA value guides. They are the most unreliable bikes that I have ever experienced. Out of 13 sold, there was 2 that ran for the time that the customer owned them. the other 11 were nothing but trouble. Tank swells, bad sprague clutches, and just a weird shut off problems.
    I sold 2 that didn’t make it out of the parking lot. MVs are for douche bags that want attention and don’t intend to ride, for the majority.
    I did have a couple of customers that raced theirs, and those bike ran good. But the posers suffered. Anyways that is all. I just find it funny that they make these gaudy bikes and charge crazy money for a bike that has a reputation of constantly breaking, and people still buy them. I guess it’s like carrying a Gucci purse, some people need that status to feel important, or at least better than you.

3. David M says:

I thought somebody already built a BatBike…

4. Anonymous says:

This type of squidmobile is not usually my cuppa tea, but this is kinda cool. New Batmobile?

5. Kermit T Frog says:

In some ways it’s cool looking and in others it makes the KTM Super Duke R look attractive. This thing looks like something born of Picasso and Dali with a touch of Wyeth thrown in to make people with taste think about one.

I don’t that kind of money for a motorcycle and if I did, I’d use it on a KTM 390 Adventure, Moto Guzzi’s Eldorado (in RED!) and V85TT (and I would get someone to make me a pair of tubeless spoke wheels!).

For those that like it? Cool. Good for you. I hope someone that can afford it thinks they can’t afford not to own it.

For the record, the FXDR™ 114 still holds the crown for fugliest bike on the planet of misfit toys.

6. Steve M says:

The Rear Wheel of Fortune

7. Hot Dog says:

Even if it’s got big balls, it still looks like it was smacked up before it even got off the showroom floor. 2 good things if you buy it though: 1- you’ve got money to burn and 2- you can’t see what’s up your bottom whilst in warp mode.

8. Bubba Blue says:

Looks about the same as a dozen others. Tiny things. Too small for me.

9. Rennie says:

Glad they don’t call it a styling exercise. It’s really ugly.
    Must be working with the Harley guys that put the weird headlight on the new adv bike.

10. My2cents says:

It’s a thing of beauty. Absolutely gorgeous but definitely not for a stick in the mud kind of person. Price tag is beyond my means but I hope to see one in the flesh soon.

11. JC says:

I almost bought a Brutale in 2003, but it was physically too small for a daily bike. Fast forward 17 years and MV styling is Brutale on crack…..and not in a good way. I could probably fit in this 1000cc MV, but I would need a good helmet with a very dark face shield.

12. frank says:

Oh My….Monstrous! And I mean that in a good way.

13. Tank says:

I sure won’t be in a Rush to buy one.

14. TimC says:

It definitely looks like a visual representation of “La Villa Strangiato.”

15. Reginald Van Blunt says:

This thing is for little boys who grew up watching transformer cartoons, became wealthy, and believe anything lacking grace in design must belong to a professional grand prix hero race pilot. Hoo chi momma yuppie ugly.

16. bmbktmracer says:

I think it’s kind of cool. Love the lower triple clamp, wheels, and headlight. The price is fine because there are lots of really rich people in the world that need unique toys. I live in South Korea and you’d not believe the number of spoiled rich kids driving unmuffled Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches… Wait’ll they lay eyes on this bad boy!

17. Tom R says:

Like Arnold said to Predator: “You are one ugly M-er F-er”.

18. mickey says:

Wow, that thing is just a visual mess.

19. dt-175 says:

the bike is fine. I wonder who aspires to be the delicate, manscaped fawn that’s not even ready to ride…

20. VLJ says:

I don’t mind the red bits, but (Jerry Seinfeld voice) what’s the deal with the cover on the rear wheel, and why on earth does this thing cost $37K? What crazy-expensive materials or tech does it feature to justify such a ridiculously high price?

21. Marcus says:

Me, I’m loving the black/red highlights paint scheme. 👍
    It’s new. Give it time and all the cool kids will be doing it.

• Anonymous says:

Love it. Blows the over plastic Ducati v4 street fighter to shame. Some of the color usage is unique but it shows off its heart and soul quite well.
      I’ll take one for 25k please.

22. Anonymous says:

Hell, I think it’s BAD ASS!

23. joe b says:

I dont get the red highlights. I sometime see this on cars where someone takes all the little brackets and clamps and paints them all bright red. Here, they had to put tape on the edges of the tank and radiator shrouds, it looks horrible. Like they gave a red marker to a kid, come’on. Underneath the hideous red highlights is a nice motorcycle. why ruin it?

24. Pete Rowan says:

Wow, MV really missed the mark with the styling of this one. That bulgy-bulb “thingy” behind the seat and the rear wheel are unbearable in my eyes…

25. Provologna says:

The Emperor HAS clothes. You wish he’d change them.

26. badChad says:

It looks tiny.

• Ken Pickett says:

Yep, if it’s anything like the Dragster, it will be very small. I rode the Dragster a few years ago at an MV ride day, and man, that thing was tiny.

27. Tim says:

This looks very Japanese. From the beautiful F4 and the original Brutale’s to this? Too bad they didn’t clone Massimo Tamburini before he passed.

28. SausageCreature says:

Thank you for telling us this is a motorcycle. I honestly wasn’t sure at first, because the handgrips and the tires are the only elements recognizable as such. Everything else is just a big heap of visual confusion.

If this is a styling *exercise* then I hope they have some ice packs handy…I’m sure they must have sprained something.

29. Bob says:

An exemplary example of the “pre-crashed” aesthetic.