Although a rumored, radical redesign of the 2012 Gold Wing did not materialize, Honda did announce several significant changes to its 2012 model today. Here is how Honda highlighted the changes to the 2012 Gold Wing:
Gold Wing: The Gold Standard For Two-Wheeled Journeys
Long acknowledged as the pinnacle of two-up motorcycling, the 2012 Gold Wing® continues its remarkable legacy. Its travel-oriented creds include the latest generation of sophisticated electronic amenities, starting with an updated and innovative GPS navigation system with user-friendly programmability for sharing favorite ride routes with friends and other riders, which can be accessed online via computer. The Gold Wing also now incorporates a built-in MP3/iPod® interface for a new SRS CS Auto™ technology surround-sound system for a premium listening experience. In addition to its renowned power-laden yet refined drivetrain and delightfully sporty handling, the 2012 Gold Wing also brings upgraded styling, increased luggage capacity, greater protection from wind and weather, revised suspension settings for enhanced ride compliance, and unparalleled comfort for both rider and passenger. In addition, packages for Navi, ABS and airbag do much to further the Gold Wing’s reputation as the most celebrated touring machine in motorcycle history. Price: $23,199 to $28,499 TBD. Availability: May 2011.
New for 2012
- Fresh styling cues produce a more integrated appearance along with a sporting edge, adding to the premium touring visage.
- Redesigned fairing adds extra wind protection, especially to the lower body and leg areas.
- Larger saddlebags add approximately 7 liters of additional storage space, upping total capacity to well over 150 liters including the trunk and fairing pockets.
- Handy central storage pocket added to models without airbag.
- Revised suspension settings front and rear yield added compliance for a better ride and more comfort.
- Urethane seat material and cover material give added comfort.
- Re-shaped taillight adds a distinctive appearance and aids visibility.
- Wheels are now clear-coated for easier cleaning and a great, long-lasting look.
- Updated instrumentation styling lends a high-performance touch.
Next-Generation Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System™:
- New, fully integrated navigation system with new, brighter color screen.
- Next-generation receiver gives quicker satellite connection.
- 3-D terrain view, lane assist with junction view and more.
- Complete United States and Canada mapping with points of interest installed.
- Points-of-interest information includes Honda dealers, fuel stations, restaurants, lodging, attractions, transportation, government and emergency information and saved rider’s input with home function.
- Voice prompting through headsets or speakers.
- On-screen text guidance and pop-up menus.
- Easy-to-use handlebar and fairing-mounted controls.
- Navigation available on select Gold Wing models.
Next-Generation Premium Audio System:
- New enhanced system offers direct MP3/i-Pod connectivity plus full device control through handlebar controls.
- SRS CS Auto™ technology surround-sound system brings the latest in sound system technology to the Gold Wing.
- 80-watt-per-channel power amplifier provides clear, crisp sound at all highway speeds.
- Six-element speaker system includes two rear speakers, a pair of front speakers and two tweeters for a rich, full surround sound quality.
- Tuner features auto bass control combined with auto volume control.
- Standard on all Gold Wing models.