New Ducati Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” Gets Dramatic Livery

From earlier testing, we know that the Ducati Diavel is a cool machine … combining elements of a muscle cruiser and a standard that handles relatively well. Ducati is introducing a version of the Diavel 1260 S with unique, striking graphics.

The new “Black and Steel” version features grey and black with yellow highlights. Here are some photos along with a press release from Ducati:

“Lights on me”: new “Black and Steel” version for the Diavel 1260 S
Inspired by the concept of the Diavel “Materico”, the new livery of the bike is characterized by asymmetrical and refined graphics that combine glossy grey, matt black and sporty details in yellow

The new Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” will be available in Ducati dealerships starting from July 2021

From 10 to 13 June it will be possible to admire the new Diavel 1260 S on display in Piazza Duomo in Milan for the MIMO Motor Show

Borgo Panigale, Bologna, 9 June 2021 – Ducati enriches the Diavel 1260 family for the 2022 Model Year with the presentation of the new Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel”, which will be available in dealerships starting from July 2021.

After launching the special Diavel 1260 Lamborghini version in November 2020, created in collaboration with the Sant’Agata Bolognese car manufacturer, Ducati is further expanding the Diavel 1260 family with the arrival of this new motorcycle, which is inspired by the concept of the Diavel “Materico” presented in 2019 on the occasion of the “Beautiful Boldness / Visionary Design” event during the Milan Design Week and subsequently put on display at MOARD (Motorcycle Art & Design), an exhibition dedicated to two-wheel design.

The livery of the Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” is characterized by the choice of asymmetrical and refined graphics that combine glossy grey and matt black as the main colours, to which are added sporty touches in yellow, including the frame, the lower part of the tail, the dedicated seat badge and some details of the bike.

From 10 to 13 June the new Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” will be exhibited in a world premiere at the 2021 edition of the MIMO Motor Show. Enthusiasts will be able to admire it inserted in the prestigious setting of Piazza Duomo in Milan and join the presentation parade of the motorcycle, which will be attended by the Director of the Centro Stile Ducati Andrea Ferraresi.

The Ducati Diavel 1260 family, synonymous with style, innovation and performance, has won prestigious international design awards such as the “Red Dot Award” and the “Good Design Award”. We are really pleased to present this new version in Milan, a city that has always represented a world benchmark in this sector.” declared Andrea Ferraresi “The Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” is a bike that does not go unnoticed. Its asymmetrical graphics, the contrast between matt black, grey and touches of yellow have been designed to enhance the power, design and sportiness of this bike.”

Unconventional and unmistakable, the Diavel 1260 combines the performance of a maxi-naked with the ergonomics and comfort of a muscle cruiser. The beating heart of the bike is the 1262 cc Testastretta DVT engine that delivers 162 hp at 9,500 rpm with a flat and full-bodied torque curve, which allows scorching acceleration and at the same time offers regularity at low revs ideal for everyday use or touring. The chassis, characterized by the distinctive 240 mm rear tyre, guarantees surprising levels of handling and lean angles for the rider, combined with a good level of comfort.

The Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” joins the S version in Thrilling Black & Dark Stealth colour with red frame and black wheels. The standard version is available in Dark Stealth colour with black frame and black wheels.

On the Ducati.com website there is the “Configurator” section which allows you to view the Diavel equipped with your favourite Ducati Performance accessories on the screen of your PC, tablet or smartphone and to share the customized version with the nearest dealer to book a test ride.

The presentation video of the Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” can be viewed at this link. Further pictures of the bike are available on Ducati Media House.

#Diavel1260 #LightsOnMe

1. richard says:

desmo !! old and antiquated..Ducati made a fortune in valve adjustments ..lol and complete rebuilds when the belts failed….ive seen a few Diavels come in pre-owned through the dealership i work for….always low klms..makes you wonder why ?

2. Richard says:

ID TAKE THAT OVER THE CHEEZY lAMBORGHINI VERSION !!

3. Tom R says:

Those who say that Ducati never should have made the Diavel sound like the same folks who said that Porsche never should have made the Cayenne or the Panamera.

• TimC says:

Wut? The Diavel is cool, in its own V-Max kind of way. The Cayenne and Panorama are abominations and really a serious inflection point in the time/space continuum (much like, say, the American Civil War) where things overall went in a fundamentally much worse direction.

• Motoman says:

I don’t like to spend money on 4-wheelers, but if’n I was lookin for a sport ute, the Cayenne would be at or near top of the list.

• TimC says:

And a Suzuki Sidekick would be at or near the top of mine.

• Motoman says:

It was almost funny since your analogy is so ridiculous. Almost.

• TimC says:

Actually I was dead serious. My ex-GF had a top-spec one and it was actually seriously impressive. Much more what I would want in such a vehicle.

I do admit I missed “sport” in “ute” so yes this certainly is not that. My bad, there. I guess another way to put it is “I think the very idea of a sport ute is is total crap.”

Did you just imply that ending slavery in America was moving in a fundamentally worse direction? Out loud?

4. todd says:

Inspiration was obviously the MV Dragster.

5. Marcus says:

This is Ducati’s V-Rod. I understand neither.

6. Mick says:

I just don’t understand the appeal of this bike.

But then I guess I have this bone in my head that keeps me from understanding a lot of things.

This thing.
    Four stroke “race” bikes.
    Anything made by Harley or Indian.
    Any “full sized” pickup with a box less than 8 foot long.
    Cities in general.

It would be nice if I could move to a planet where none of the above existed at all. What a wonderful place that would be. Some planet with a stable population of one billion or less and single track everywhere. A place where you took single track to get groceries and beer and Harley wasn’t around to kill Alta. Heck, you wouldn’t even need a street bike.

• Motoman says:

Variety is the spice of life Mick. Wouldn’t it be kinda boring if everyone thought the same as you?

• Tom R says:

Wow Mick. How do you feel about color TV and phones without rotary dials?

• mickey says:

I’m betting he hasn’t watched TV since they switched from analog, and that he uses a flip phone with 3 letters on every button, but he doesnt text.

• Mick says:

I got rid of my last TV in the 90’s when the X-Files started to stink. So you nailed that one.

I am a chronic destroyer cell phones. So mine is probably newer than yours.

I lived in Paris for three years and am reviled by the place.

I cook nearly all my own food from raw ingredients including my own bread and pate, which I got a taste for during my five years in Europe. The other two in NL where I rode an observed trials national, among other events.

I have been married to a woman that I met skiing at Whistler, BC for 19 years. Note that I did not marry a local and I did not meet her in a city.

Marry a city gal and you might just be sentanced to live in one until you kill yourself.

For a very long time, the best German joint in America was in a town of less than 1000 in northern Minnesota.

• TimC says:

Cities are definitely disgusting. People that like them for reasons like live music, an actual restaurant scene, dating opportunities beyond “whatever 5 eligible things live here” etc are a bunch of degenerates that should probably be taken out and shot for the good of everybody.

• Motoman says:

Not too fond of cities myself, but I’d say that’s a little harsh. So you’d like to shoot about 50% of the population of the world then?

• Mick says:

People who want to sit around wanting to be entertained, fed, or search for equally vacuous people to hang out with are questionable.

But I’m not really the mass murder type.

7. Seth Celotti says:

Sweet, a Pittsburgh Steelers edition Diavel!

8. Reginald Van Blunt says:

This ‘livery’ is the stupidest motorcycle scheme I have ever seen. Livery is an association term, so what does flat MARCHO black and baby puke Yella represent for ANY brand that manufactures motorcycles. I would never buy a Ducati that did not have some shiny red, somewhere on it, and flat black, – how insecure does a tough guy need to be to ride a constant message of no light.

The Diavel is a nice bike and does perform well, so why do this ?

9. Mitar says:

Hi all,

Ducati is starting to lose their identity – the old Desmo and Trellis frames are what made them so attractive.

This model, unfortunately, is heading down the same path. Nothing special apart from being a Ducati.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the bike, but its starting to look like a Triumph.

Just an opinion of-course.

• JC says:

I get what you are saying, but ironically, the whole world criticizes Harley-Davidson for handing in to the designs that made them what they are, yet when a company moves on, people don’t like it.

Personally, I’m a fan of change when change is needed. I think Ducati and Harley-Davidson could embrace some change.

• Max says:

And Triumphs are blacking out everything to look Japanese. So now it doesn’t matter what you ride. They’re just black & gray blobs going by from 10′ away.

10. mickey says:

I test sat one of the red Diavel’s at a Duc/BMW dealership and was astonished at how comfortable just sitting on it was. Nothing I would ever buy, but I don’t mind sitting on something (or test riding it if they will let me) even if I don’t plan on buying one.

I think the red ones are better looking than this one. That yellow frame and undertail are weird IMO.

11. Randy says:

When they first came out I tried finding the engine in there somewhere. I’m still tryin’. I’m sorry. I like Ducs, but I find it hideous.

12. Randy says:

They just don’t photograph well. I had a Suzuki M109R that was the same way. You need to be close to it to appreciate it’s dimensions. When the eye can process the depth and sheer size of these beasts they become like strip mine shovels. Attractive in an industrial inquisitive way. “Wonder what it would be like to drive it”?

13. bad Chad says:

I have seen quite a few in the wild, in several different US states. This thing does look cartoonish, if you can’t get enough people to look at you on a standard Diavels, than I guess you try this one.

14. Grover says:

Looks rather cartoonish, at least in the pictures. If I wanna go fast there’s plenty of other bikes that are cheaper, easier to maintain and look better.

15. Brinskee says:

Love the livery. Colors pop and it’s different. Just not a big fan of the bike and couldn’t really understand why Ducati made a cruiser. Anyone know if they’ve sold well?

• SausageCreature says:

They’ve been around long enough that I assume somebody, somewhere must be buying them. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in the wild. Come to think of it, I don’t recall seeing one on a dealership floor either. I see plenty of Ducs here in Florida…mostly Monsters and Multistrada’s with a few sportbikes sprinkled in. But no Diavels.